- Establishing your identity: which may require you to provide name, address, employment/business information, legally mandated forms of identification.
- Billing: which will include the collection of names, addresses, banking and/or financial details.
- Provision of Services: which will include any Personal Information necessary to provide services requested by you or your organization. We may also analyze the Personal Information provided to us to offer you additional services. You may, at any time, advise us that you do not wish to receive such information from DFENDUS.
LIMITING COLLECTION, USE, DISCLOSURE & RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
DFENDUS may collect your Personal Information in many forms (hard/soft copy, electronically, facsimile, telephone conversations/recordings, etc.), but will only do so by lawful means and only for necessary purposes that have been disclosed to you. DFENDUS provides clients and others with general access to public web sites and restricted access to extranets. Our Web servers and authorized third party providers track general information about visitors such as their domain name, IP address and time of visit. DFENDUS’s Web servers also collect and aggregate information regarding which pages are being accessed as well as information volunteered by visitors through online surveys or subscriptions to electronic newsletters. This information is used internally, only in aggregate form, to better serve visitors by helping us to:
- Manage our sites
- Diagnose any technical problems
- Improve the content of our Web site
- Where required by law or by order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental tribunal;
- Where DFENDUS believes, upon reasonable grounds, that it is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of an identifiable person or group;
- Where it is necessary to establish or collect monies owing to DFENDUS;
- Where it is necessary to permit DFENDUS to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that DFENDUS may sustain; or
- Where the information is public.
- Where obliged or permitted to disclose information without consent, DFENDUS will not disclose more information than is required.
DISCLOSURE & SECURITY